Well, nobody was seriously expecting any miracles this time round, without the injured personnel but the manner of the defeat still stung.
Some takeaways from the game –
1. Serge Aurier has to be replaced once and for all. He is a liability.
2. Playing without a recognised striker just does not work. The price of not having a solid back-up (or two) for Harry Kane is too obvious that surely Daniel Levy cannot be excused from blame anymore.
3. Tanganga is definitely one for the future. Loads of potential. We need to build our defence around him ultimately.
4. Individual errors continue to haunt us. Lloris and Aurier at fault for the goals conceded and that defence requires a massive overhaul.
5. Lo Celso probably needs to be pushed further forward where he can do hurt defences. ideally, Ndombele should be in central midfield dictating play but the fact that Mourinho did not play him at all does not bode well.
Well, I have been saying the season was over the moment Sonny was ruled out for the rest of the season and it was just taken a couple of weeks to be confirmed. Technically, we are still in the race for the Top 4 but realistically, I cannot even see us winning another game this season. Onwards to 2020-2021.
COME ON YOU SPURS!!!